Stratego variant with a Japanese theme. There are 40 new pieces. The object is to capture all of your opponent’s 4 fortresses. Fortresses do not move.
High rank units capture lower ranks.
(A Daiyamo = 12 would capture Heavy Cavalry = 11)
- Equal ranks result in mutual destruction.
- There are no bombs.
- Ninja can move diagonally.
- Ninja always win if they are the attacker.
- Ranged units (R) always defeat infantry (I).
- Cavalry (C) always defeats ranged units.
- Certain infantry will defeat cavalry, if the cavalry is attacking.
- Cavalry move like scouts.
|Ninja||3||0||-||Defeats all units in attack|
|Ashigaru Spearmen||3||1||I||Defeats Cavalry in defense|
|Ashigaru Gunners||3||2||R||Defeats Infantry|
|Bushi Spearmen||3||3||I||Defeats Cavalry in defense|
|Bushi Musketeers||3||4||R||Defeats Infantry|
|Bushi Spear Cavalry||6||5||C||Defeats Ranged Units|
|Samurai Horse Archers||2||8||-||Defeats Infantry/Move like scouts|
|Samurai Archers||3||9||R||Defeats Infantry|
|Samurai Naginata||2||10||I||Defeats Cavalry in defense|
|Samurai Heavy Cavalry||2||11||C|